To view all of Amanda's paintings, visit http://www.amandafishfineart.com/

EVENTS AND SHOWS:

Balboa Island Art Walk, Sunday, May 17th, 9am-5pm. I will be at my same location, 9 years (!), at Onyx Ave. I love this one-day show. Balboa Island, CA. Visit www.balboaislandartwalk.info

Art-A-Fair, Laguna Beach, CA. I'm thrilled to be a part of this great annual art event for the 2nd year! Opens June 26 - though August 30th. http://www.artafair.com/


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Landscape sketches from Idaho

Here are two Plein Air landscapes I painted during my Idaho vacation (see previous post). They are painted with a limited palette, something I'm trying to get used to. I realized earlier this year, as I began painting outside more and more, that it's best if I have a limited palette. I think it saves time and frustration (!) if you pull from only a handful of colors.  So, for the time being I am using Cad Lemon Yellow, Cad Red, Alizarin Crimson, Transparent Oxide Red, Cerulean, French Ultramarine and Titanium White (all Winsor Newton, except for Transparent Oxide Red which is Rembrandt.) I miss using Viridian, Cad Yellow Pale, Raw Sienna, Burnt Umber and Black (when mixed with Lemon Yellow makes a great green). We'll see how it goes! It's always a learning lesson.

"Aspen Sketch," oil on linen, 8"x10"

"Stillness of a River," Oil on wood panel,  6"x12"

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on this page, and I'm so taken with your paintings I have to comment. Your style strikes me as honest, free, and lovely. If I weren't a starving student, I'd buy either one of these in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marianne! I sure appreciate your nice comments. - Amanda

    ReplyDelete