To view all of Amanda's paintings, visit http://www.amandafishfineart.com/

EVENTS AND SHOWS:

Balboa Island Art Walk, Sunday, May 17th, 9am-5pm. I will be at my same location, 9 years (!), at Onyx Ave. I love this one-day show. Balboa Island, CA. Visit www.balboaislandartwalk.info

Art-A-Fair, Laguna Beach, CA. I'm thrilled to be a part of this great annual art event for the 2nd year! Opens June 26 - though August 30th. http://www.artafair.com/


Thursday, September 9, 2010

Loose Still Life Study


Still Life Study, "Blue Jug" oil on linen, 11"x14"

Something a little different to post. I participated in one of Randy Higbee's Open Studio Events during the summer. His company, Art & Frame in Costa Mesa, is where many local artists buy their frames. He has a terrific warehouse space which also serves as a fine art gallery and designer showroom. He held fun and creative open studio events where artists came to paint from a costumed model, or still life.


After surveying the different setups around the showroom, I spotted a fabulous Tang Horse. Though it was already positioned on a table as part the costumed model setup, I was allowed to add to it for a still life composition. (I am not a figure painter, I find it quite daunting.) Once I gathered objects (there are many wonderful and interesting items in his gallery) and positioned everything just right, I realized that the Tang Horse was not going to work! Funny how those things happen, oh well. Painting along side the other artists, seeing their different styles and techniques, was a fun and inspiring experience. Randy also provided delicious food and spirits! See http://www.kingofframe.com/ for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment