To view all of Amanda's paintings, visit http://www.amandafishfineart.com/

EVENTS AND SHOWS:

Balboa Island Art Walk, Sunday, May 17th, 9am-5pm. I will be at my same location, 9 years (!), at Onyx Ave. I love this one-day show. Balboa Island, CA. Visit www.balboaislandartwalk.info

Art-A-Fair, Laguna Beach, CA. I'm thrilled to be a part of this great annual art event for the 2nd year! Opens June 26 - though August 30th. http://www.artafair.com/


Monday, April 4, 2011

Salon International 2011 Exhibit

I attended the opening of the Salon International Exhibit at the Greenhouse Gallery of Fine Art (in San Antonio) over the weekend.  I thought I would share a some pictures.  The owners of the gallery accepted 415 fine art oil paintings for this show.  They received about 1200 entries from 47 States and 13 Countries to be juried.  I am very honored to have 2 paintings selected. 
Some of the award winning paintings.

  There are many personal favorites in this fabulous show!  This picture shows two paintings I love,  Rusty Jones painted a magnificent glowing Grand Canyon, and the river painting by Mitch Baird I thought was exceptional and inspiring.

Here I am next to my  painting "China Blue."

My other painting, "Vestments and Sacraments" is on the lower right.
I thought this painting was so original and beautifully done, "Swing Dance" by Clement Kwan, won the Figurative/Narrative award. The movement of the dress, exceptional brush work, color choices and shadow, was something to share on my blog.  The entire show can been viewed at www.greenhousegallery.com  and in high resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment