To view all of Amanda's paintings, visit http://www.amandafishfineart.com/

EVENTS AND SHOWS:

Updates coming soon.

Monday, July 25, 2011

New small Paris paintings

"Chairs in the Tuileries Garden" oil on linen, 8"x6"
"Paris Blooms" oil on linen, 6"x8"- SOLD

I've begun to select pictures from my Paris trip to paint. Here are two  paintings - little vignettes - just off my easel.  I stayed at a hotel not far from Rue Cler and walked by this flower shop many times. 

The light was beautiful around 8:00pm in the Tuileries Garden (Jardin des Tuileries, created by Catherine de Medicis, 1564).  I had planned to sit and paint with the watercolors I brought, but by the time I finished taking a ton of photographs the park was closing.  With so much light still left, it was too bad we all were gently ushered out.  More Paris paintings to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment