To view all of Amanda's paintings, visit http://www.amandafishfineart.com/

EVENTS AND SHOWS:

Updates coming soon.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Finding Inspiration

"Walnuts and Porcelain," oil on linen, 10" x 14" - (Update, Sold)
Finding new inspiration along with the desire to paint something different or unusual can be found in many ways.  About 5 years ago I saw a painting that captured my attention.  It was a painting of walnuts on a long rustic table, absolutely fabulous.  The artist created a painting with drama and interest with only walnuts arranged on a table at eye level.  I have thought about creating a still life composition with walnuts ever since.   Here is my recently completed, "Walnuts and Porcelain."  The colors along with the movement of the composition give the painting a quiet elegance.

Jean-Simeon Chardin, one of my favorite artists, often placed walnuts in his compositions.  I found this example from photographs I took at the Louvre last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment