To view all of Amanda's paintings, visit http://www.amandafishfineart.com/

EVENTS AND SHOWS:

Balboa Island Art Walk, Sunday, May 17th, 9am-5pm. I will be at my same location, 9 years (!), at Onyx Ave. I love this one-day show. Balboa Island, CA. Visit www.balboaislandartwalk.info

Art-A-Fair, Laguna Beach, CA. I'm thrilled to be a part of this great annual art event for the 2nd year! Opens June 26 - though August 30th. http://www.artafair.com/


Monday, December 31, 2012

Oranges on White Linen Cloth

"Morning C," oil on linen board, 6"x12"
 
Revisiting a favorite subject.  I have wanted to use this white linen tea towel in a still life for sometime.  It was all about getting the composition to work with the red stripe.  After more than a few challenging tries of pushing the towel around, rearranging the oranges, I found a setup that spoke to me.  I choose a 6"x12" format, I love this size.  I seem to gravitate towards a composition that fits these dimensions.  This was a fun painting to work on with a variety of colors in the shadows, a lot of bounced and reflective color.  Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Great usage of the linen cloth. Believe me they turn out to be sometimes the best subject for a still picture.

    ReplyDelete