To view all of Amanda's paintings, visit http://www.amandafishfineart.com/

EVENTS AND SHOWS:

Updates coming soon.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Roses

"Spring Blooms,"  oil sketch, 5"x7"  - (update sold)
 
Aaah roses, one of the biggest challenges for me as an oil painter.  When spring arrives and roses start blooming I am reminded to keep working through the my hesitation to paint them.  I used to paint roses often as a watercolor artist.  I didn't seem to have the difficulty I feel trying to paint roses in oil.  I'll keep painting the beautiful colorful varieties I see this spring and summer.  At least they are a lovely subject to look at while you paint them! 
 
I recently located photographs of some watercolors I had done many years ago.  I thought it would be fun to show you this rose painting. "White Blooms," watercolor, 18"x24" painted on Arches cold press paper.
 
"White Blooms" - watercolor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment